[RTTY] Value of Icom Rigs with RTTY Decoders

Ed Privette ed at privette.com
Tue Dec 20 13:32:26 EST 2005

I'll tell you one use I came up with in my simple little mind. If I'm
out and about, which I frequently am, and hear/see one I really need
I'm heading home! I never intended to use it other than mobile and an
emergency radio/TV with solar power.
I'm on top of a mountain and the last blizzard stranded folks up here
for six weeks with no power. The IC-7000 draws 1.3 amps on receive
and covers weather, 2-13TV plus the ham bands 180m thru 70cm.
I've only had mine since Saturday but I'm very impressed. The dual
DSP adjustable filters are unbelievably effective. I remember Don
testing those two Pro3s and I can confirm his comments about Icom's
digital filters. I tip my hat to the folks at Icom. The IC-7000 is
expensive but I have never seen so much in rig in a small space
73 and a Merry Christmas to all.
Ed, W4EP