[RTTY] Amp for RTTY

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Sun Dec 25 23:10:12 EST 2005

Hi All

I'm looking for an amp to kick up the RTTY signal a bit.  Don't want one of
those 1500 watt key down rigs--just 250-300 watts would be enough for me
(right now I'm running 60-70 watts).

I have been looking at the AL-811H lately and I noticed that on QTH.com
classifieds there are a lot of them.  Are there some issues with these amps?
I used to have a FL-2100 that I ran about 300 watts with, and lilked it, but
it didn't have 160 on it.  RTTY contesting with low power and small antennas
leaves a little to be desired during this point of the cycle.  73
Tom W7WHY