[RTTY] LCD monitor again

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Fri Dec 30 21:59:28 EST 2005

Hi all

I have tried all the tips given here and it has helped a lot.  But still it
is still not as good as my CRT monitor.

I contacted the manufacturer of the monitor and asked them about it and they
sent me a file to install as a new driver.  The problem is that the driver
they sent me is an .inf file.  How in heck do I install an .inf file?  I've
done lots of upgrades to drivers, but never with an .inf file.  I put it in
a directory and did the "install new driver" routine and pointed it to the
directory where the .inf file was, but it didn't find anything useful I
guess as it didn't do anything.

I really want to use this monitor as it is super quiet and there are no
birdies at all in my radio with it.

When I go to hardware manager the monitor shows up as "plug and play
monitor" and not as the CTL monitor which it is.  73
Tom W7WHY