[RTTY] dashes vs. no dashes

Chuck Brudtkuhl wa0roi at rocketmail.com
Sat Dec 31 17:45:31 EST 2005

Well, its been awhile since I've participated in RTTY contesting but am really puzzled as to why everyone is requesting a sig rpt of (e.g.) 599 04 vs. 599-04.  If my recollection is correct, we'd always include dashes to avoid sync errors or some such.  My recollection is that I'd be cursing those that used spaces, vs. those that used dashes.  Someone bring me up to speed?

Chuck Brudtkuhl

www.iowatelecom.net/~brudtkuhl
www.qsl.net/wa0roi
www.flickr.com/photos/brudtkuhl/show/