[RTTY] What is the best rtty rig?

Neal Campbell and Sarah Ferrell k3nc at arrl.net
Wed Feb 2 06:59:29 EST 2005

The question from yc2ecg is an interesting one, but would like to hear
everyone's opinion on what is the best rig period.

I have had four main rigs since getting into RTTY, a TS-940, FT-1000D,
IC-775DSP and a IC-756pro2. I could not tell some difference between
the 1000D and the 775dsp, as the latter was not as susceptible to
signal overload from nearby stations. I only ran the pro2 in one
serious attempt, this year's naqp and was very pleased with it, the dsp
filters were quite effective.

73 Neal