[RTTY] Renewing Expired LoTW Certificate

Phil, WB6TQG wb6tqg3 at verinsky.com
Fri Feb 11 12:31:04 EST 2005

I apologize for using more bandwidth on this issue, but wanted to pass on a
solution.

I received warning emails regarding the upcoming expiration but was not able
to get to it in time. I requested help from Wayne, n7ng at arrl.org, and
received the following response immediately:

"Unfortunately, your cert did expire. You will need to submit a request for
a new cert. Before you do, first remove all .tq5 and .tq6 files from your
machine. Then create a new request and send it to me (n7ng at arrl.org) along
with an old postcard password. I'll do the rest. If you don't have the
password, you can use the new one that will be sent on a new postcard."

It took only 5 minutes for me to remove the old files and send the password
and new request to n7ng at arrl.org. Within a day I received my new certificate
by email. ARRL did a terrific job in resolving the issue.

Thanks for the bandwith,
Phil, WB6TQG