[RTTY] QRM & wide signals

w2nra at optonline.net w2nra at optonline.net
Mon Feb 14 14:28:25 EST 2005

Subject was:  Re: [RTTY] K4GMH SOAB HP (WPX)

Hi Don,

I know why you receive so many dupe reports. . . . . to many gusy are using your "message buffer examples" from your website.  Change the callsign in your suggested buffers and your dupes will go away, I'm sure.

Seriously, I had one this weekend and I remember it.  My print was so bad with QRM that I didn't log the guy because I never got a confirmation.  Some of us have modest stations and traffic like I experienced this weekend really slows me down and I even have a tight radio (Field w/Roofing filter and a pair of 250 IF filters).

I also saw one posting on this reflector over the weekend from a newbie (like me) who was wondering why his he couldn't print.  I was going to respond but I figured someone with more experience would tell this poor guy that it was the crowd.

I also noticed a lot of what I call buzz saws signals; wide signals that would show up on the display as a saw blade with broken teeth and they were quite a way off to one side of the main signal.

It's a good thing I'm real casual about this or I'd be as mad about this as Don is about the dupes.

73,
Art

W2NRA

PS:  Very nice job this weekend, BTW I need that Vk0M on CW - I guess he doesn't work CW.