[RTTY] Calculating on-time/off-time

Jeff Stai WK6I wk6i at twistedoak.com
Mon Feb 14 16:26:19 EST 2005

hi Kevin - I have wondered the same, though I don't think anyone would
reasonably plan on missing the starting bell of a test when the rates are so
high - though the end of WPX-es are such a fizzle I could see bagging the
last N minutes quite easily.

and while we are at it:

If you find that you have mistakenly violated the break rule, what should
you do?

(I ended up not submitting a log once over this - found after the test that
I had misread the time and taken a 50 minute break instead of 60, so I was
10 minutes over in total op time, though really an hour because the 50 was
not a valid break - I was going to write the Powers about what to do, set
the log aside, and then forgot to submit within the deadline...)

73 - jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai               jds at twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/
Rocketry Org. of CA     http://www.rocstock.org/