[RTTY] WPX - of macro and other style matters

Mark Perrin mperrin at ordata.com
Tue Feb 15 12:23:52 EST 2005

Herein some stuff from a RTTY contesting newbie:

Noticed over and over again, that when S&P last weekend, I would tune
across a the tail end of a call,  with ended either with "de XXXX de XXXX"
or just "XXXX'.  Since I could not tell if stations was running and calling
CQ or was calling a running station. Per suggested macros from Don AA5AU's
www.rttycontesting.com, adding the "CQ" at end of the running station's CQ
macro would add to speed of making Q's.

Had trouble with the suffix of serveral CQing stations' calls; suspect they
did the end their CQing macro ended without a space before the %E, their
call just tapered off, either no suffix or clearly incomplete
suffix.  Another AA5AU suggestion, having the space before rig stops
sending your call or your response,  could speed the rate up

I was surprized when I was running at getting responses of "N7MQ N7MQ de
XXXX "  - the running station knows his call, but if do that, just using
the running station call once is more than enuff.

And glad for all those who limited their participation to Sunday afternoon
and gave us all Q's.

Enjoying the learning curve as continue to contest in RTTY events.

73,

Mark N7MQ