[RTTY] off subject

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Tue Feb 15 23:08:30 EST 2005

Hi all

Sorry to post off subject, but got a problem.

My Astron RE-20A keeps cutting off with my FT-840.  I could turn it on and
listen, but as soon as I hit the transmit button, the radio shuts off.  The
light on the power supply switch is on, but no output.  Now, when I turn it
on, even when listening, after a couple of minutes it shuts off.  After a
few seconds, I can turn it back on, but then it goes off again.  I replaced
the filter cap, but that didn't help.  Think it may be the switching
transistors?  Thanks
Tom