[RTTY] afsk to fsk

peter jackson peter.jackson17 at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 17 17:19:40 EST 2005

Hi, I am about to change over to FSK. My home brew interface I built for
AFSK used transformers for isolation. I am a bit paranoid about isolation,
this is a throwback to my working days! I know many use just a transistor to
key the rig from the serial port.
I would like to use an optoisolator like I have for the PTT. There was a
posting recently that they wont work with the Ft1000. I have a Icom 756
pro3. Is there anyone using an optoisolator for FSK using an Icom in the 756
series. I have a 4N25 to hand. Thanks in advance, Pete G3KNU