[RTTY] afsk to fsk

ws7i ws7i at ewarg.org
Thu Feb 17 17:24:22 EST 2005

this is a throwback to my working days! I know many use just a transistor to key the rig from the serial port.
I would like to use an optoisolator like I have for the PTT. There was a osting recently that they wont work with the Ft1000. I have a Icom 756 pro3. Is there anyone using an optoisolator for FSK using an Icom in the 756
series. I have a 4N25 to hand. Thanks in advance, Pete G3KNU

Well whoever sez that an optoisolater won't work with a FT-1000 is wrong. Works just fine. I don't have a pro3 but they will work fine with any rig.

Its just a matter of getting the proper amount of resister value.  In fact I have done two FT-1000d's and what is odd is that they each took a different value of resister.

Always best to use an Opto, tho I do use transisters with old junk computers but who wants to blow a good computer up!

73 Jay WS7I