[RTTY] Replacing WriteLog computer - AMD Sempron OK?

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Sun Feb 20 13:07:13 EST 2005

Anybody using an AMD Sempron processor? Any problems with typical ham radio
apps? Soundcard apps?

I lost my radio computer (a 1.5 GHz P4) last week.  ATX Motherboard failure.

Staples Sunday sales paper has a Compaq SR1300NX (Sempron "3000+ "- 2 GHz)
for only $360 with monitor, etc. Tempting. It even has a serial and
parallel port!

Asking in case anybody has any comment - good or bad. I have used Pentiums
exclusively in the past and am not really sure how compatible the other
processors are.

Jerry W4UK