[RTTY] MARK V USERS-Filter Selection

Jerry no2t at arrl.net
Fri Feb 25 10:53:20 EST 2005

Hi Noel

	I am using the 400 and 250 Hz INRAD filters with the 5 KHz roofing filter.
in my MK-V Field. This combo does a good job.  Problem is getting to switch
filters when needed. Normally run with the 400 HZ, using MMTTY, but switch
to the 250 when the going gets rough.

	Fortunately my logging program, N1MM's LOGGER allows me to send the
correct codes to the radio when I want to switch. Have also put 250 Hz
filter in the 2 KHZ spot as an attempt to get around the radios limited
front panel filter selection. This works fairly well when using AFSK or
PSK31.  Still is is not as clean as in the FT-1000MP. HI HI- ONe step
forward and one step back.

			73 de Jerry NO2T

At 07:11 AM 2/25/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi I would like to know from the MARK V Field users, and INRAD filters,
what filters they have installed  for best performance in RTTY.They are
expensive but better than Yaesu ones..