[RTTY] 160 RTTY Contesting

Michael Furfari k3fh at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 2 18:27:35 EST 2005

This debate reminds me of an old Hank Williams, Jr. song which I like very
much and I sing to myself whenever something starts to get under my skin:

Mothers against drunk drivers
The Pope is against the pill
The union's against the workers
Working against their will
The President's against the Congress
The Senate is against the House
People are against politicians
And I'm against cats in the house

But I'm for love and I'm for happiness
And I'm for "if you don't like it can't you just let it rest."
And I'm for turning off the music; turning down the lights
'Cause I'm for nothing else but you and me tonight

The cities against the counties
The counties against the state
The state is against the government
And the highways still ain't paved
The banker's against the farmer
The farmer's against the wall
Doctors against me smoking
And the devil is against us all

But I'm for love and I'm for happiness
And I'm for "if you don't like it can't you just let it rest."
And I'm for turning off the tube; turning down the lights
'Cause I'm for nothing else but you and me tonight

The cops are against the robbers
The laws are against the cops
Justice is against the system
And some people are blowing their tops
The horse is against the automobile
The bus is against the train
The train is against the jumbo jet
And I'm against fishing in the rain

But I'm for love I'm all for happiness
And I'm for "if you don't like it can't you just let it rest."
And I'm for turning off the tube; turning down the lights
'Cause I'm for nothing else but you and me tonight

Hey, I'm for love I'm all for happiness
And I'm for not looking for something to make us mad
I'm all for turning off the music; turning down the lights
And I'm for nothing else but you and me tonight

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!