[RTTY] CW vs Digtial Ops On 160

Thomas Giella KN4LF kn4lf at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jan 2 19:03:48 EST 2005

W7WHY Said:

That is the second negative reference you have made about CW operators on
160.  I don't see why you have a problem with them. I take it that what you
would like to do is run off this "small sociopathic
group of CW only on 160 meter dinosaur mentality operators" and use their
part of the band for your digital operations.....

Thomas KN4LF Says:
For the second time now my statements about CW operators has been taken out
of context but I'm not surprised. Let me repeat and clarify.

1.) "Dinosaur CW ops" is directed at the small minority of those that want
CW only from 1800-2000 kc. They loathe all other operating modes and the
operators that use them. Some belong to
group #2 below also.

2.) "Sociopathic CW ops" is directed at the small minority of those that
intentionally QRM mine and other's fellow operators PSK31, RTTY and MFSK16
operations on 160 meters.

80% of my ham radio operations consist of CW on 160 meters and I hold great
reverence for the mode and those that have come before me. Last time I
checked CW
was the "first digital mode". I have allot of radio equipment, a top notch
station actually but I am fond of my collection of straight keys and paddles
more than
anything else.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Retired Space & Atmospheric Weather Forecaster
Plant City, FL, USA
Grid Square EL87WX
Lat & Long 27 58 33.6397 N 82 09 52.4052 W
kn4lf at arrl.net

Propagation eReflector: