[RTTY] rtty 160 contest

Michael Bazley vk6hd at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 3 03:09:24 EST 2005

Well I am one of the dinosaurs!!!To say that a few CW stations occupy 160 is rubbish,,,my computer log shows 5776 unique calls on that band.
Re RTTY on 160, ALL bands are for ALL modes allowed. I Like low band rtty as it is a challenge and I believe it is harder to resolve a RTTY or PSK signal through the QRN than CW.  Whether the band would be overcrowded in a rtty test I am not sure as 3580-3600 is never crowded here in any test, though, of course, I am a long way from the Eu and NA action. Perhaps if the scoring was along the lines of the 160 CW Stew Perry test, where distance and/or low power are rewarded,  QRM would be reduced.
Nevertheless CW is my favorite mode.
HAPPY NEW YEAR  to all.
73 Mike VK6HD