[RTTY] CW/RTTY QRM Saturday evening

David Hachadorian K6LL at adelphia.net
Wed Jan 5 16:01:50 EST 2005

The NAQP CW  and the RTTY Roundup contests are both
scheduled for this coming Saturday. With a lot of the
RTTY activity occuring around 7040, and the NAQP
suggested frequencies of around 7030, 40 meters has all
the potential of becoming a total zoo.

The only hope I can see is for cw guys to use the lower
part of the band, down into the Extra Class portion,
and for the RTTY guys to stay as high as possible,
above 7080 for domestic QSO's, and above 7040 for DX.

It's a shame that these two great contests got
scheduled for the same weekend. I would have loved to
enter both, but the January NAQP CW has got to be the
"funnest" contest of the year, so that's where I'll be.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ