[RTTY] 3G0YP

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Mon Jan 10 12:42:43 EST 2005

On Jan 10, 2005, at 8:06 AM, Larry L Lindblom wrote:
> Sunday afternoon while CQing on 15 during RTTY RU I was called by 3G0YP
> who sent "599 001 73 from Easter Island."

My 001 came from ZF2NT (Bruce N6NT, ex AA6KX, a call that should be
familiar to RTTY ops from about 15 years ago).

I was S&P'ing as usual, and caught Bruce on his initial CQ down the
band on 15m Sunday afternoon.  All heck broke loose soon after and I
don't think my 100 watts and vertical would have gotten through the
pile that developed.  I took a look at the screen, and Bruce had sent
001.   Three hours later, towards the end of the contest, I worked
Bruce again on 20m, and he gave me a 208.

73
Chen, W7AY