[RTTY] My TNC Died

Mac McDaniel n0ob at nntc.net
Wed Jan 19 10:22:26 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm not a diehard RTTY contester, but I do dabble in every contest that I can.  I have about 210 countries on RTTY.
The Kantronics Kam that I normally use went south a couple of days ago and I can't visualize buying another TNC
at the prices they are nowadays.  I purchased a SignaLink SL-1 by www.tigertronics.com a couple of years ago to
work PSK-31 but never put it on the air because I type to slow.  I think, I let the guys that say they don't like all
macros intimidate me and keep me off the air.  (Not a good thing to say if you want to keep this great hobby going)
I've been a Quadriplegic for over 31 years but I try not to let that hold me back from playing radio in as many modes
as I can.

I am thinking about purchasing a copy of WriteLog and was wondering how it works with SignaLink, if anyone is
running Writelog with a SignaLink.  I was going to purchase a Rigblaster Plus but I'm trying to get back on RTTY
by the next contest,  this weekend.  I run Logic 7 with TRX-Manager and was going to run HamScope.  Would I
need any other cables and, how hard is it to configure Writelog  or should I try HamScope this weekend.  I'm not
sure how to configure HamScope to give out consecutive serial numbers for the BARTG cont

Any help would be appreciated.    Should  I purchase Writelog or stick with HamScope.  Is Writelog very hard
to configure and operate?

By the way, if you missed the eBay auction for them RFI suppressors,  he  has another auction going at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5745091620&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
I saw that a lot of the guys/gals from the RTTY reflector bought some.  Super price! $.27 apiece!

Thanks in advance!
73, Mac  N0OB