[RTTY] Contest Happenings??

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Mon Jan 24 15:11:21 EST 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Roger Cooke wrote:

>   The poor propagation in the BARTG Sprint contest presented some
> difficulties with exchanges. I realise that the ubiquitous use of 599 is
> now more or less accepted, but I was quite pleased in one way to receive

BARTG Sprint rules say "serial number only".  That's all I sent (along
with callsigns as appropriate, of course).

I agree - drop the RST.  Better, add something else.  We already have
tests that want Maidenhead grids or UTC so what else could we send?

> guys, give me a break! How long does it take to say TU?

I look for some kind of ACK too else how do I know you received my NR NR
without hanging around to see if the next guy gets the next higher NR?

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9
ARRL VE
WAC (phone)