[RTTY] Re: Contest Happenings??

Waldemar DK3VN dk3vn at nexgo.de
Tue Jan 25 18:17:29 EST 2005

Peter Laws wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, JOHN DOBSON wrote:
>
> > does the arrl still require a signal report as in 59 or 599 for a valid
> > contact??  thats the only reason Id see for the inclusion of rst in the
> > report---- of course, I feel that due to speeding qso rate up,
> > contesting and dxing has created this situation...
>
> BARTG Sprint is "Serial number only".  ARRL RU is "RST plus State/Prov"
> for W/VE and "RST + serial" for "DX".  NAQP is "Name and State/Prov".
> ONe of them has UTC and Makrothen has Maidenhead grid.
>
> I'm all for removal of "RST" from the RTTY tests ... How do we contact the
> organizers?
>
> --
> 73,
> Peter Laws
> N5UWY/9
> ARRL VE
> WAC (phone)
> WAS #51466 (SSB)
> WAS/90

Hi,

what is a valid contact in the contest? That is the question only!
The answere is very simple. First it is the call sign of the station
you have worked and second it is the information, which you have exchanged
with this station. The RST is meaningless, because nobody can check it.

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
Check RWRL http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch/
TMC http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch/The_Makrothen_Contest/