[RTTY] Exchange of Signal Reports

Dave Lee seatools at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 25 18:40:54 EST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, JOHN DOBSON wrote:

 >> does the arrl still require a signal report as in 59 or 599 for a valid
 >> contact??  thats the only reason Id see for the inclusion of rst in the
 >> report---- of course, I feel that due to speeding qso rate up,
 >> contesting and dxing has created this situation...

 From the current DXCC rules:

4. Confirmation data for two-way communications must include the call signs of
both stations, the Entity name as shown in the DXCC List, mode, and date, time
and band. Except as permitted in Rule 1, cross-mode contacts are not permitted
for DXCC credits. Confirmations not containing all required information may be
rejected.

I don't think signal reports are required by ARRL for a valid contact. I believe
the practice stems from DX nets and County Hunters nets requiring an exchange of
signal reports to prove "a good one" :)