[RTTY] Re: Contest Happenings??

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Wed Jan 26 18:44:29 EST 2005

"Tom Moore" <wx4tm at tm-moore.com> wrote: "when the originator sends
cards for 'every' single QSO he ever made with me"

WOW, do I relate to that! I do use labels, or "direct" printing, and I feel
sure that if it was necessary to reply with "hand written" cards, I would
have stopped years ago. I fail to understand why several contest stations,
whom, for the time being, will remain anonymous, insist on "dumping" each
contest log into the QSL bureau? I receive about 3 pounds, quarterly, from
the incoming bureau. Approximately 90% of that total are "unsolicited, same
band, already confirmed" RTTY cards? In 2003, I started answering each card
received with a confirmation for each and every contact, regardless of mode,
that I had with the requesting station. If by the end of 2005, that hasn't
slowed the "same band/mode, already confirmed" onslaught of cards, I, also
may very well discontinue to participate in the incoming bureau. All I need
is a email from anyone that needs my card, and I will be glad to return it
via the bureau?
I don't consider contest contacts as QSO's, so the "final courtesy of a QSO"
doesn't work?
C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW