FW: [RTTY] Re: Contest Happenings??

Dick Kriss, AA5VU aa5vu at arrl.net
Wed Jan 26 20:12:07 EST 2005

The following is a copy of my reply to Bill, W5WRT, this morning. I did not
realize at the time he had posted it to this RTTY reflector.  Please do not
jump Chen, W7AY, because of my experiment.  I noticed some operators sending
the ACKs of the report mid way into the contest so I changed the W7AY
contest macros to use the %X function. From the early reflector comments I
though sending the ACK for a number only contest like the Sprint was
appreciated.

I am a newbie to contesting and learn from W6WRT and others in each contest.
I will tighten up the exchanges and ditch the %X ACKs for the next contest.

Dick- AA5VU