[RTTY] GU0SUP - update

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Thu Jan 27 08:33:16 EST 2005

Hi all,

Just a quick update on the arm!
After 4 weeks, the break now feels as though it has pretty much mended, but
I still have a lot of swelling, particularly around the elbow joint.
Today, I managed to get my arm into a shirt sleeve, so that feels a bit more
comfortable.
Still can't sleep in a bed, so the armchair is still in use 24/7.

I am now trying to get my elbow joint mobile once more, as after 4 weeks in
a collar & cuff, it has siezed up in a 90 degree bend, and will take a while
to straighten out again. Each day, I use a hot flannel to help ease the
muscles while I push the arm a bit further each day.

I have another appointment at the fracture clinic on 8th Feb, with an X-Ray
first, and then I will begin physio on the shoulder.

As yet, I can't quite get my right hand to the keyboard, but it shouldn't be
too much longer.
I'm hoping to be able to get into the shack in time for Peter 1, and may
even get on air for a few QSO's.

73 for now
Phil GU0SUP