[RTTY] Unofficial "Claimed scores lists"

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jan 30 18:51:14 EST 2005

At 03:44 PM 1/30/2005, John Barber wrote:

>This might seem unimportant but I already have mail from 3 worried
>contest entrants. They have sent in a contest log to BARTG, it has been
>acknowledged, but because their claimed score is not in this list they
>think that there is a problem. Worse still are the couple of complaints
>I get every year, after the results are posted, from the unfortunates
>who have sent a score to some list but not to the contest sponsor. They
>really think that they have entered the contest and that the list is an
>official BARTG route for their entry. The first info you see on the
>unofficial list is the correct place to send the log, but it gets
>ignored.

The 3830 score rumors are just that, rumors.  It's a service provided to
the contest community.  At the top of every posting to the RTTY list it says:

2005 BARTG Sprint - All Claimed Scores 27Jan2005
Submit logs by: March 1, 2005
E-mail logs to: ska at bartg.demon.co.uk

You can't force people to read the contest rules, or the score
rumors.  They have no one to blame but themselves.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us