[RTTY] MMTTY and DX4win

Jay Bromley jayw5jay at cox.net
Thu Jul 7 18:08:18 EDT 2005

Hi Rich,
Well I am tearing down the station and moving so it will be hard for me to
look, but did you try ALT S in the text screen for the MMTTY/DX4WIN widow?
Also CW keying can cause some grief if you have that set up and trying to
use MMTTY with DX4WIN and the CW keyboard.  To check this click on File,
then Preferences, and then control.  At the top of that window is the CW
keying setup.

Apparently DX4WIN doesn't let you key the transmitter via the rig control
com port like MMTTY stand alone and Writelog, at least I haven't been able
to get it to work.  I have to use the mic PTT cable from the Rig-Blaster Pro
when using DX4WIN.  I did send Steve a email on this, but so far no answer
or I missed it.  I never use the audio cable with the other programs since I
use FSK keying.  I bugged the DX4WIN guys to get the MMTTY plug-in for their
software, but it still may need a few tweaks.  I am sure they will get it
there and also update the help file at the same time.

My setup was a Mark V Yaesu and a Rig-Blaster Pro.

I hope this helps.

73 de w5jay..