[RTTY] TenTec Orion or Icom 756 Pro III

Andrei Nevis v49a at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 14:18:59 EDT 2005

Bernd,
I bought PRO-III after I read an article from Don, AA5AU.
It works very good on RTTY, in fact I bought in for RTTY mode, and I am happy.
So, I would recommend this Radio.
Just one thing - You must have an interface (a keyer) between PRO-III and your Amplifier.
I burnt Radio (transmitting hercone or something) out just after 1 month of use Kenwood TL-922A without the keyer. This is silly but that what has happenned.
Now I have Ameritron Keyer for $45 and everything is working very good. Well, I lost  1 year warranty for the Radio because someone fixed that hercone for me :)
73's Andrei EW1AR-NC2N

Bob Henderson <bob at cytanet.com.cy> wrote:
Bernd

I like Orion a great deal for RTTY. I ran twin Orions here in the CQ WW
RTTY and they helped me take first place world-wide SOAB HP. I think that
says they're pretty good on that mode.

73

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F