[RTTY] NAQP Plaque

Andrei Nevis v49a at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 22:08:20 EDT 2005

To my much surprise, I found today in my mail box Very nice certificate for:
February 2005 NAQP RTTY - TOP SCORE IN NEW YORK - WOW!
Is in't it something huh?
(Well, I know this happened just because the Real players from W2  area did not show up but still..:)
Will be there again this weekend despite on my morning Sunday flight to Garden City, MO.
Thank you Mr. Shelby and of course Mr. Ray Novak!
73's
de Andrei EW1AR-NC2N

Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au at bellsouth.net> wrote:
Catch me napping? You didn't catch me napping. You went out and beat the crap
out of me when I was on top of my game.

It was a superior effort by Ty who had not been active in the last couple of
years. He deserved the win and I'm glad he got it. He did teach me a valuable
lesson which I hope will help me in the future about how I operate this event.

With 7 NAQP RTTY plaques on the wall, it goes to show that you are only as good
as your last effort. I'll be in there on Saturday but after two tropical storm
scares (TS Cindy kicked our butts - worse storm I've been through) and Emily on
the way, I've been spending more time preparing for storms instead of preparing
for RTTY contests. I bought a 5 kw generator and am in the process of
redesigning my hurricane shutters to speed the process of boarding up the house
and evacuating. It's the price you pay for living on the Gulf coast but I'll
never leave here (XYL orders!).

I received my NAQP certificate yesterday. Thanks to K4WW for all his hard work
and everyone else involved. The NAQP RTTY contest is excellent fun and from
seeing February's results, it's becoming quite popular.

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Have fun, that's the reason we do it!

73, Don AA5AU