[RTTY] NAQP: Name accuracy ?

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Jul 19 22:52:18 EDT 2005

On Jul 19, 2005, at 5:38 PM, Andrei Nevis wrote:

> Yes, I do think they deduct points from Both operators for wrong
> typed name. This is a part of the Report I think. In February, 2005
> NAQP I lost 77!! QSO's out of 419 contacts (never happened before,
> usually I lose up to ten-twelve QSO's from any Contest).

No, this is not right. If you copied the other guy's exchange
correctly, then you get full credit for the QSO. If he messed up,
he'll lose the contact, plus he may face penalty QSOs as well.

Unless RTTY contests are somehow scored entirely differently from CW
and Phone contests, you can't lose a QSO if the other guy busts the
exchange. (Except if the completely blows your callsign so bad that
the log-checking software can't match your QSO and the judge's can't
find it either...)

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901