Re: [RTTY] ÄRTTYÅ FW: Soundcard specifics - was Laptop Choices

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Thu Jul 28 13:31:38 EDT 2005

At 12:17 AM 7/28/2005, Jan Palmquist wrote:
<snip>
>RiTTY works only on ISA sound boards and
>not all of them , they have to be SB-16 compatible
>enough, all Creative are
<snip>

Here is some follow-on information about sound cards for RiTTY by K6STI:

1. I personally know of two sound cards which work fine with RiTTY: The
Creative Labs model CT-1740 and CT-1790. I have used both of these and I
can verify that they work with no problems.

2 Several years ago Jim, VE7FO said the Creative AWE64 worked for him. I
have not tried that one myself, but if Jim says it works, I'm sure it does.

3. In your autoexec.bat file there needs to be a SETBLASTER command.
      For the CT-1740 use this: SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P300 T6
      For the CT-1790 use this: SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H6 P300 T6

Here is a website which explains the various settings:
http://rinkworks.com/apogee/s/6.4.2.shtml

There are lots of these old cards gathering dust in closets somewhere since
they are no longer considered state of the art. The trick is finding one.
eBay is a good place to start, although I just checked and there are none
listed at the moment. Keep trying. RiTTY is such a fantastic performer it
is well worth the effort.

Bill, W6WRT