[RTTY] RTTY WAS

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Sun Jul 31 09:44:09 EDT 2005

KI8U wrote: "Other than contests and DX I don't operate much RTTY (my
spelling and typing sucks) but would like to get WAS RTTY."

Other than contests and DX, I don't operate ANY RTTY, or any other mode! My
last experience with nets, left me with the knowledge "that what took
several weeks to accomplish, on a net, could be accomplished in one weekend,
of a major contest"! Most, if not all, 50 states will be on, during major
RTTY contests (you define major), and working them all, is certainly
possible?
Now that the designation "digital", instead of RTTY has been placed on the
WAS  certificate, I've lost interest in applying for it.  Of course, 20/20
hindsight is great...I should have applied for it, before the change.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW