[RTTY] Fwd: ANARTS F6IRF SOST HP

f6irf@free.fr f6irf at free.fr
Mon Jun 13 15:56:33 EDT 2005

tidididit dit dit

The purpose was not to start again the battle between pro and anti-SO2R, as
mentionned  by Shelby, the topic has been beaten to death...

Just to draw the attention of the committee, that "one transmitter" is probably
not clear enough... just because it leaves opened the door to 2 opposite
interpretations...
Just reading what is written, mine is that single transmitter means one
transceiver, reason why I stricly sticked to SO1R... (even if you may call it
SO2V). Unfortunately despite my question to the contest manager I could not get
a clear reply...
Now my interpretation maybe wrong, but it did not want to take the risk...

IMHO - This is a bit different from the usual "cluster" point, where you assume
that if it is not strictly forbidden, it is "de facto" authorized... here the
category itself is called "SINGLE-OPERATOR One transmitter"...  what 3830 has
translated into SOST (and not by the usual SOAB).

This said, and after this weekend, my conviction is that I did not loose very
much by not using SO2R - Having the 2 bandmaps on display and instant band
change capability does most of the job you would do with SO2R (the only
difference is that with SO2R you don't have to wait for the spot... but at the
end how many mults more would I have worked ?   Maybe a few more non-rare EU's,
but at the end I don't think I lost that many... ).
in short my opinition is that SO2R really shines in contests 1) with
non-assisted categories  2) with non-spottable multis (is SPDX, UKR,
Russian, EA, ARI, etc..).

Last but not least stong congrats to Alex YO9HP for his great score... I am
especialy impressed by his 274 mults without cluster... Yet nothing better than
good antennas in a good QTH with a good operator...

Regards and may CU in F'haffen.
Pat

Re: [RTTY] Fwd: ANARTS F6IRF SOST HP
from [Bill Turner] [Permanent Link][Original]