[RTTY] ANARTS and Life

Roger Cooke roger at g3ldi.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 14:49:35 EDT 2005

Hi All.

  Well, it looks like I missed the best contest for a while, I had the
whole weekend planned, ( Life has to go on! )
and I did not get home until 2100 Sunday evening, a tad late to enter!!

The reason for this mail is to just add my support to BAN split
operation in contests altogether. We should nip this
in the bud before it becomes a general practice. Just imagine if all
those in DX locations did this, and then all those
with good signals etc. It would be chaos on the bands and in a major
contest it is already chaos. Let us be honest,
when a DX station is working split, how many callers actually "check"
their calling frequency first? Of course not,
manners are the first casualty in both DX-ing and contesting.

Just my views - after 49 years on the bands, DX-ing and contesting......

73 de Roger, G3LDI