[RTTY] TS930 and FSK Help

W7TMT w7tmt at dayshaw.net
Fri Mar 4 21:39:36 EST 2005

Actually it is "menu selectable".

On the Kenwood TS-850 it is menu option (#11) that is used to select
the keying polarity. If I remember correctly the same option exists on
the 930 although it may be a different menu number. The 850 requires
option 11 titled "FSK transmission key short:" to be set to
"ON/(MARK)" rather than the default "OFF/(SPACE)". Using the ON/MARK
option will give you correct polarity without rewiring anything.

73
Patrick
W7TMT