[RTTY] BARTG Contest....

Frank Fallon - N2FF n2ff at optonline.net
Thu Mar 10 12:09:00 EST 2005

Don and the gang,

You have to remember that the BARTG Contest is a vicious British plot to
ruin St. Patrick's Day celebrations for us Irish (American) RTTY
operators.  It always comes very close to March 17th, St. Patrick's Day.
  I have always found that I have a conflict between some family or
social event the requires the drinking of much Guinness and the BARTG
Contest.  Guinness or any alcoholic beverage does not mix with
contesting as we all should know.

(Please realize that I am joking about the British plot.  At least I
hope I am!  I am an RSGB member in addition to ARRL and frequently send
IRTS in my dues too.)

You might also like to know since we are talking about power level here,
that there is a fine Irish whiskey named Powers.  It is a lot less smoky
that Jameson.  Unfortunately you probably do not run into it in your
local pub or liquor store unless you live in an Irish neighborhood.

I have to remember to check my Powers level before I get into the BARTG
Spring Contest.

If my Powers level is not too high I will be in there for a part time
effort.  If not, slan.

Frank....N2FF....