[RTTY] Volta

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon May 16 22:18:25 EDT 2005

Tom, W7WHY wrote:

"One really neat thing--I was tuning on 40 meters about 0500Z and saw on my
screen, "KRIFJGHHAMI CQ",  in the noise. Thought AMI must be ZL2AMI and gave him
a call and lo and behold, it was him,"

This is what Eddie, G0AZT, used to refer to as "pulling callsigns out of
alphabet soup" and he was one of the best I'd seen do it.  I do it all the time
but it's something that took me a few years to get good at and I still smile
when I'm able to guess who it is.  One year at Dayton at the RTTY Hospitality
Suite we had a grease board and someone starting writing partial calls in
"alphabet soup" and we would guess at who's callsign it was.  It was really a
lot of fun especially after a few toddies. hi

Sorry I'll be missing Dayton again this year.

73, Don AA5AU