[RTTY] cocoaModem

Dick Kriss, AA5VU aa5vu at arrl.net
Tue May 17 07:27:25 EDT 2005

> Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 20:24:21 -0400
> From: John Merrill <jmerrill1 at adelphia.net>
> Subject: [RTTY] CocoaModem
>
> Anyone using this program for rtty? What kind of interface are using
> besides a commercial one?
>
> 73,
> John N1JM

John,

I am a coocaModem user and I am very pleased with its performance on RTTY.
It decodes RTTY better than anything I have ever seen or used.  Regarding
your second question I use a commercial SL-1+ interface as show at
http://www.qsl.net/aa5vu/digital-IO-aa5vu.jpg.  I purchased the SL-1+
because of its Auto-PTT feature and life is too short for me to ever solder
another Kenwood 13-Pin DINN connector.

Like Bill, AA4LR, I used the generic QSO-Number contest template for the
VOLTA contest and managed 28 QSO in a short period of time. My log will not
be submitted as the generic template does not log zones.

73 de Dick, AA5VU