[RTTY] When did mechanical teleprinters become obsolete?

WI8W wi8w at comcast.net
Fri May 27 22:38:54 EDT 2005

The last time I saw a mechanical teleprinter was when I dumped my old
Model 19 off the back of the trailer at the local metal scrap yard last
year.  I sure hated to see that old gal go.  It was simply in storage
too long (almost 25 years) and too rusty to restore. I guess for,  me
that is when they became obsolete. I did not go to Dayton this year but
I bet there was one or two out in the flea market.

73

Thom WI8W