[RTTY] UKR DX Contest

Andrei Nevis v49a at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 11:23:01 EST 2005

Yes, you are right, Scott, there should be no penalties, just pointless QSO's.
I do not expect much activity on this Contest, to my understanding - putting "All Eggs (Modes) into one basket (Contest)" isn't a bright idea.
 At least I have some time to get ready for WAEDC, waiting for HF2V from HRO and fixing my SB-220.
73's
Andrei EW1AR-NC2N
Scott Nichols <snichols at mvosprey.com> wrote:
That's the way I read it too Steve...Looks to me like the sponsors are
trying to discourage full-fledged SO2R...At least there are no penalties for
"testing the waters" on a marginal bands...If I want to see if anything is
happening on 10 or 15 for example, I can make a couple QSO's (non-mults) and
decide if I want to stay there or not...If I don't, I can abandon the "test"
band before 10 minutes is up and only lose points for the QSO's I made
there...No penalty in that case...Or is there ? The rules say "no penalties
for QSO's made by mistake"...I guess QSO's made under this tactical decision
making process, and subsequently abandoned, couldn't be considered
"mistakes"...Or is this a rules translation issue ?...I dunno...Maybe
someone can clarify...

C U in UKR DX and SS CW this weekend...MUCH looking forward to WAEDC RTTY
next weekend...

73, Scott VE1OP