[RTTY] RTTY In CW Bands ?

k4sb@bellsouth.net k4sb at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 11 22:53:46 EST 2005

Dave W7DPW wrote:
> I just finished a contact with a EastCoast Station and I was still tuned onto the frequency. I was S&P, and I received the following message that appeared from nowhere, no call sign at all..    Freq 7.037.5  Mhz...
> W7DPW OUR RECORDS INDICAT THAT YOUR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CW SECTION YOUR IN VIOLATION OF THE BAND PLAN. PLEASE QSY IMMIDEATELY AS YOUR INTERFEARING WITH REGUALR CW NETS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
-----------

That sort of junk reminds me of when I was a young first officer. The
Captain had a business card which he usually presented it to a
passenger who had been a real pain to the flight attendants:

It read like this, WITH his full name and company ID number.

Vyizit zer rzo mninmor orzis asseszan orzis?

Translated: Why are there so many more horses asses than horses?

Believe me, when I was promoted to Captain, I wished a thousand times I
had that card.

73
Ed