[RTTY] WAE RTTY AA5VU Single Op LP

Dick Kriss, AA5VU aa5vu at arrl.net
Mon Nov 14 08:30:57 EST 2005

                   WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AA5VU
Operator(s): AA5VU
Station: AA5VU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  244   0     0     0  Total Score = 1

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Kenwood TS-570S(G), Tri-band Beam, SignaLink SL-1 to a Mac G4 with
cocoaModem software.

My log in Cabrillo format has been submitted and accepted by the WAE robot
for scoring.  I did not want to spend the effort scoring the QSO's.  Most of
the 244 QSOs were on 20 and 40 meters with some on 15. I only had one QSO on
10 meters.  My QSO totals will fall to the bottom of the 3830 Summary due to
the manual entry of the zero score.

The highlight of the contest was working a new RTTY country, the KH6ND/KH5
station, and managed to work him on three bands.  Yes, my one and only QSO
on 10 meters was with KH6ND/KH5. My card and SAE will be mailed today.

I did not pass or record any QTC's as it was boring to me.  I enjoy making
new contacts rather than recording contacts made by others.  In the S&P mode
I passed on several stations as they wasted so much time passing QTC's.  I
was one of many that had macro saying SRI NO QTC.

TNX to all for the contacts.  It was fun!

73, Dick AA5VU