[RTTY] Another "how about this" + more

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Tue Nov 15 14:01:25 EST 2005

Hi all,

One other thing I saw during this contest, and it was only from one specific
station, a UA3 call area.
I was just waiting for him to finish a QSO with a W station, when he asked
QTC FOR ME??
The W sent SRI NO QTC, but the UA3 station sent them anyway!
I hope the contest adjudicators will be able to pick this up, as I am not
sure it is "fair".

I too got a bit cheesed off with stations sending 3 X 3 calls, and also with
those that sent my report back to me.
OK, I can accept that they are possibly checking that they copied your
report corerctly, and wish it to be corrected if wrong, but surely a little
thought about how it is worded would be better.
I do not like GU0SUP TU 599 123 UR 599012 012 012, as I am too likely to
enter the first number. Yes, I did see this on more than one occasion.
3 X 3 calls are a real pain, and I guess it is up to each of us to try and
educate those that do it.
Surely each of these folk must have been "elmered" by someone more used to
running RTTY?

OK, time to get off the pedestal!

73 for now

Phil GU0SUP