[RTTY] Slow FSK in the Makrothen contest

montemerlo montemerlo at nnei.net
Sun Oct 9 15:47:37 EDT 2005

Phil

I have a new setup and haven't a clue why it was running slow. But that was
the purpose for running it this weekend...ie find the bugs.

ProIII to MicroHAM to PW1.

I had 2 portables networked with Writelog but not running SO2R yet

Having both running packet and also trying to run DXLabs in the background
resulted in some problems with link drops and the band map. Most got better
when I only ran the Writelog application on both. Also the contest module
has some issues it put you into CW when you click on a spot.

Also had a CVI band freeze once which required restarting the ProII, but I'm
guessing that may be a little RF.

I've tried a couple of experiments but haven't been able to create a good
bad scenario yet. I'll post a note is I find out something.

If anyone has a suggestion I'm open to anything.

Bob KB1JZU