[RTTY] Slow FSK

Joe Subich, W4TV k4ik at subich.com
Tue Oct 11 20:45:30 EDT 2005

Ian,

There is an issue with microHAM Router 2.2.2 that causes the "slow
FSK" for users of microKEYER.   Our programmer implemented an "emulate
baud" function in the OEM supplied USB chipset drivers.  That function
was intended to make virtual ports using the USB interface behave more
like hardware UARTs and eliminate the need for patches like MMTTY's
"limiting speed."

Unfortunately, the emulate baud function is buggy and does not report
buffer conditions properly (quickly enough).

Emulate baud was removed in Router 2.2.3 and subsequent versions.
You will want to upgrade to Router 2.2.3 or 3.0.1.

Router 2.2.3
      www.microham.com/Downloads/urouter_release_02_02_03.exe

Router 3.0.1
      www.microham.com/Downloads/urouter_release_03_00_01.exe

Either will work for you.  Router 2.2.3 can be installed directly over
2.2.2.  I recommend uninstalling Router 2.2.2, and rebooting before
installing 3.0.1 (although it may not technically be required).

By the way ... for anyone wondering if they have a "Slow FSK"
problem, this line is exactly 50 characters long:

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPED OVER THE LAZY DOGS BACK

With CR/LF after each line, seven repetitions are 364 characters.
If your software is operating "at speed" a buffer with the seven
lines should transmit in 1:01 (one minute, one second).

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America, LLC
       www.microHAM-USA.com