[RTTY] JARTS K4GMH

Mike k4gmh at arrl.net
Sun Oct 16 22:51:52 EDT 2005

Call: K4GMH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Radios: SO2R

    80:  116   260    35
    40:  368   923    71
    20:  640  1741    91
    15:  530  1524    87
    10:   98   255    32
-------------------------
Total: 1752  4703   316  Total Score = 1,486,148

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Good conditions and good participation. Even 10 meters was open to Europe from
the
East Coast USA on Sunday. Ten may have been open on Saturday since it had been
open on Friday as well.  However, I didn't check Saturday, so I may have missed
an
even better opening than the one on Sunday!

Thanks to all who were kind enough to work me and for all the folks
that put the

spots on the Cluster.

Nice to see some young ages in the log - 14 is the youngest in mine
(discounting
the "00" entries).

This was the first quasi organized SO2R effort on my part.  Got a lot
to learn.
Frustrating at times and didn't know I could get so confused in such a short
period of time.  Mike, KA4RRU, gave me a tip to alsays lock the dial on the run
radio.  Remembered the tip after found myself tuning the run radio while it was
send out a CQ.  Fortunately, this mix-up only occurred once.  I apologize for
the QRM caused by the wayward frequency excursion.

         73,
         Mike, K4GMH