[RTTY] VE1OP JARTS RTTY

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Mon Oct 17 15:04:41 EDT 2005

On Oct 17, 2005, at 11:04 AM, VSH-RW4WZ wrote:

> I got 589 from one German guy on 10 m and here the extract from
> rx.log:
>
> RST  589 AGE 45 45 45 QSL TU TNX 73!
>
> Signal was stable 599, but still do not quite sure that it was
> correct ;)

A Baudot "8" is binary 00110 and a Baudot "9" is binary 11000.

There is a small finite chance that a 2-bit clock slippage had
changed a 9 into the 8, but really not very likely.  Other bit
decoding errors are even less likely (4 bit-errors).  I think he did
send you an 589 :-).

The contest rule should just state "599 + age" instead of "RST +
age."  That way, we also don't have to suffer through "5NN"
exchanges :-).

73
Chen, W7AY