[RTTY] RTTY ops Age

Jack West w7ld at olypen.com
Tue Oct 18 22:52:20 EDT 2005

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the points this weekend.  I am age 66 and have been 100% retired
for the
past 12 yrs.  I felt great at age 60.  At age 65 I qualified for a "Medicare
Card".  Four
months later, I began three major adominal surgeries.  Thank God for
Medicare or I
definitely would be broke today.

My last radio purchase was in 1988 when I bought this TS-940.  It has hours
and
hours of contesting on it.  I run it in FSK with a 500 hz filter and its
reliability has
been amazing.  I have 29 1st place RTTY es CW contest certs on the wall that
were earned with this radio.   Its tuff on em when we call Auto CQ every 9
1/2 seconds
at 100 W output!

As for me...my wish is to live a heathy, active life through ONE MORE SOLAR
CYCLE!

Best wishes and 73 to all..
de Jack / W7LD / "Lucky Dog"