[RTTY] Source for RFI bead "variety pack"

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 12:46:02 EDT 2005

I never solved my RFI problems after I 1) fried my CPU/mobo, 2)
replaced my ISA SoundBlaster with a PIC version, and 3) added a 4-port
serial card to my radio PC.

All three things happened in close proximity, though not in quite that
order, and I never quite figured out where the RFI came from ... well,
I know what it's *from*, but I don't know where it's getting in.

All that is affected is the MMTTY engine under N1MM Logger and, in
fact, restarting the digital interface under N1MM (after killing
what's left of the engine) puts me back on the air.  No reboot, even,
and no loss of QSOs.

Anyway, I've got chokes on some things and this weekend, I plan on
changing ports for various devices to see if that improves things, but
I want to add a bunch more chokes.  I figure you can't have too many!

I *thought* DXengineering.com had a "variety pack", but I don't see
that on their site.  I see chokes, in multiple, but all of the same
type.

Anyone know where I can get a variety pack?

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

'They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin